Speed Writing - A Novel in Three Days

Give or take.

A little while ago, I came across this bit of information in the introduction to the Folio Society edition of Crime Stories from The Strand:

"Edgar Wallace was another wildly careless writer, extraordinarily prolific - he wrote eighty-eight crime novels and much, much else, and tossed off one book in thirty-six hours non-stop - who yet was a gripping story-teller."

One book in 36 hours? Or there's Michael Moorcock, whom India posted about, who tells you how to write a book in three days.

One book in three days? It's slightly more feasible than 36 hours, but planets would have to align, free lattes and single malts would have to flow, and I would have to be home entirely alone with a broken internet connection, for that to even be remotely possible.

Says I, who's due to start a writing marathon soon!

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
Wow. 36 hours? How long was the book? That's what I want to know. Wish I could do the marathon write thing, but kids and all that. Yep, pretty much impossible. :)

Good luck!
India Drummond said…
I just don't have that kind of stamina! But I do love that feeling when I get into a groove and don't want to stop!
Aubrie said…
If I wrote a book in three days or 36 hours it would all be senseless crap! I have no idea how they do it!