A to Z Challenge - Favourite Books - Swiftly Tilting Planet, A by Madeleine l'Engle

Swiftly Tilting Planet, A, and the other three books in the Time Quartet by Madeleine l'Engle: A Wind in the Door, A Wrinkle in Time and Many Waters - as well as An Acceptable Time.


Fewmets. Mitochondria. Just a couple of things I learned about when I first discovered these books. Kything - I wish I could kythe with some people. And even now the thought of Unnaming frightens me.

Which special words have you learned from your favourite books?

By the way, Rach is having an awesome month-long contest for the A-Z!

Comments

I can't recall what words I have picked up along the way, but I love the sound of Kything.
S.P. Bowers said…
I can't count how many times I read these books when I was growing up.
Golden Eagle said…
I learned a lot of words from Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Most of the definitions are ironic and/or sarcastic--but they get across the meaning, too.
Angela Brown said…
Going Harry Potter on you here. While, and after, reading those books, I was constantly screaming "Brilliant" and "buggers" every chance I could get lol!!!
I'm always learning words from books!
Nas said…
A great post Deniz! What word would a romance reader like me pick?
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks for coming by, everyone! I love talking about words :-)