F is for Forumites

F is for #ForumitesRule!

For this year's A to Z I'm featuring books I've read based on the Reading Challenge.

Today's books are by female authors, who also happen to be Forumites, that is, members of the Compuserve Books and Writers Community!


Diana Gabaldon (I never would have discovered the Forum if it wasn't for her!)

And finally... Linda Grimes! Who happens to have a new short story coming soon:

Pre-Fix: A Ciel Halligan Short Story


"Meet Ciel Halligan, aura adaptor extraordinaire, in this charming introduction to Linda Grimes' 'sparkling series' (Publishers Weekly).
A genetic quirk means Ciel can take on the appearance of anyone she meets by projecting their aura. This startling ability presents endless possibilities, and she's one of a rare few who has it...so you'd think it'd be easier finding a day job that lets her put it to use. Actress? Model? Ethically dubious and possibly criminal activities, like her best friend Billy? Ciel's long-time crush and fellow aura adaptor, Mark, has found his calling as a CIA agent-a life of intrigue, danger, and the perfect utilization of their rather unique skill set. It seems like the obvious choice to Ciel: She could do good and spend time with her crush. What could be better?"

I'm reading this right now and loving it!

Which writers' or readers' communities are you a part of?

Comments

Pre-Fix sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the synopsis. I see from your sidebar you're making good progress with your writing. I do hope the process is a happy one. Good luck. I'm looking forward to reading your published stories.
Rosie Amber said…
Never heard of Forumites, good to learn something new each day. Just dropping in from the A to Z from a link on Diane Coto's blog FictionZeal.
Linda G. said…
Aw, thank you so much, Deniz! I'm glad you're enjoying Pre-Fix. I found out it also includes a preview of The Big Fix (out May 12)--the first chapter. Surprise! (Well, it was to me, anyway. *grin*)
Hi Deniz - wonderful you're promoting the Women Writers and letting us know about Forumrites... Linda's Pre-Fix storyline sounds very interesting ..

Cheers Hilary
S.P. Bowers said…
Hooray for forumites!
Zan Marie said…
Thanks for including me, Deniz! I hope to add to your list of Forumite books in the future. ;-)
I could use that ability!
Tammy Theriault said…
What an interesting premise and tons of authors. Love it!!
Unknown said…
Hi there - I've not heard of Forumites, but should check them out. BTW, I gave a shout out to your blog on my letter 'F' post on FictionZeal.com.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy any of the books you might read from this list!