I is for... Inspiration, and Travels in the United Kingdom and in Kenya

Back in 2011, I held a week-long contest to celebrate the fact that I'd reached my 500th post, after nearly four years of blogging.
At the time, I sorted many of my previous posts into groups, which made for easy referencing, especially of story material. (Also because I've never tagged my posts!)

When I celebrated reaching my 1000th post during last year's A to Z Challenge there wasn't time to sort all the posts between 2011 and 2016.

What better time than now?

I’m actually going to go over 1,000, and collate all posts to the end of 2016! And I’m going to link to every single post (except for the A to Z posts, which are mostly summarized), something I didn’t do in my original 500 compilation, or even in my 900th post compilation.

I’ve got lots of fun themes coming up for each day -- and each day will also highlight a fellow blogger or two!

Today is...
Inspiration, and travelling in the United Kingdom and in Kenya!









Susan Mitchell drawings

Mini questionnaire about writing


A trip to England and Scotland, here and here and here and here and here and here and another, wherein I discover how young Lord Rochester really is and, finally, here




Characters’ faces and full set here, plus a Chris Riddell drawing

Tom Gauld’s myriorama


NaNoWriMo moments





Oxford #2

Oxford #3



Rembrandt exhibition


Today’s featured bloggers are... the Insecure Writer's Support Group team!: Chrys Fey and Michelle Wallace and JL Campbell and Lynda R. Young and Susan Gourley and Joylene Nowell Butler and L Diana Wolfe


Do you have images of your characters' faces,
or do you draw them yourself,
or do you never see them in the faces in paintings or on screen?

Comments

Nick Wilford said…
I hadn't realised you'd spent so much time in the UK. Edinburgh certainly has a rich history of artists and writers.

Hooray for the IWSG team! Those ladies work very hard.

I'm not so much a visual writer, so although I might know basic things like hair and eye colour, I can't picture their faces. I think of them more in terms of their actions.
sage said…
I'm going to have to look at some of your travel posts to Scotland. I've been there and going back this summer--I'll spend some time in Edinburgh with a friend, the rest of the time will be in Iona and out in the islands and up north (getting my most from a Scottish Rail pass.
Hi Deniz - good old (if I'm allowed to say that) IWSG folk - who are doing such a great job for all folk, me included though I'm not a member. Inspiration is all over the place - but travel certainly helps ... and your trip to Kenya - I bet started you asking lots of curious questions ...

Cheers Hilary

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/i-is-for-ice-age-art.html
Laurel Garver said…
What amazing travel adventures you've had--especially getting to go to Africa. I would love to meet our World Vision kid in Tanzania someday and see some of the Savannah creatures in their native habitat, especially zebras!
Wow, Deniz! This is a lot of work, linking all those posts. Now I see the benefit to tags.

I just celebrated 50 blog posts and thought I had reached some milestone. More than 1000? That's just awesome.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks so much, all!

Love travelling on those rail passes, sage!